Monday, February 24, 2020

Communicating GIS - Module 6 Lab - Proportional Symbol and Bi-variate Mapping

Hello Everyone!

This week's module was all about proportional and bi-variate symbol mapping. These two mapping styles presented some unique challenges and really opened my eyes to the possibilities of mapping in ArcGIS Pro. The most interesting map that I made was the Bi-variate map. This map type is unique because it allows you to map two variables in one map using a unique 3x3 color scheme. For my map, I chose to map the correlation between obesity and physical inactivity. My map can be seen below:


As you can see the color ramp legend allows you to show the two variables and their low medium high combinations. The color at the top right illustrates the highest presence of obesity and inactivity percentages while the lowest left shows the lowest of both. Unlike my previous posting for the info-graphic, this map allows you to better show the correlation between the two variables.

~Map On!

No comments:

Post a Comment