Thursday, January 10, 2019

GIS - Cartography - My First Blog Post!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Evan Brown and this is my first ever blog post for my GIS blog at UWF. This is currently my first semester here at UWF and I am pursuing a Masters in GIS Administration. I was born and currently live in Jacksonville, Florida where I attended Jacksonville University to get a degree in both Flute Performance and Geography. I joined the GIS program at UWF because I believe that GIS is one of the most powerful applications of visual representation of data. Ever since I was young, I have always loved creating maps. As of now, my experience in GIS is in the Utilities and Crime Analysis fields. I believe that through UWF I can gain so much more knowledge of GIS and apply it to every day situations. From this program I hope to learn as much as I can about GIS because there is nothing that makes me happier than realizing there are brand new aspects of GIS and applications that have yet to be discovered. When I graduate I want to be able to say that I was there to be able to witness a new discovery in the world of GIS and be at the forefront of mapping exploration. I look forward to sharing my work and progress with all of you. Map on!

To kick things off, here is a link to a story map I created about places that are important to me in Jacksonville, Florida. I hope you enjoy it! https://arcg.is/1zS1vq

No comments:

Post a Comment